Solicitation for Proposals – Equal Representation in Construction Apprenticeship Grant
The Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS) is soliciting proposals for the Equal Representation in Construction Apprenticeship grant (ERiCA). Those eligible to apply are community based-organizations, local education agencies, workforce boards, unions and other organizations that support equity in the construction industry. The focus of this grant is to create career pathways for women, non-binary and underserved populations into careers in the building and construction sectors.
The funds from this grant will go towards supportive resources for childcare and outreach and community building for women, non-binary and underserved populations. The supportive resources for childcare will go to DAS-registered construction pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship programs that are hiring parents with childcare challenges. Money can be used to support stipends intended to pay for childcare, or to cover the cost of childcare coordination or in-house childcare for participants’ families.
Funds will also be awarded to bolster outreach and community building to better support women, non-binary and underserved communities interested in a rewarding career in the building and construction industry.
The total funding available through this grant is $25,000,000, which will be allocated across two different categories.
- Supportive Resources for Childcare
- Pre-apprenticeship: $5,000 per eligible apprentice in a registered pre-apprenticeship program, or
- Apprenticeship: $10,000 per eligible apprentice in a registered apprenticeship program
- Proposals under this category of funding must identify how many eligible participants the grant will support.
- The maximum amount per proposal for this category of funding is $3,000,000.
- Outreach and Community Building
- The maximum amount per proposal for this category of funding is $2,000,000. If an applicant is applying to both categories of funding, the maximum combined grant proposal cannot exceed $4,000,000.
All inquiries and proposals must be submitted by the dates listed in the box below.
|Questions due||November 10, 2022|
|December 6, 2022
10am - 11:30am PT
|Notice of intent due||December 15, 2022|
|Proposals due||January 12, 2023, 5:00 pm PST|
|Proposal review and evaluation||Jan. 17 – Feb 24, 2023|
|Estimated Award Announcement||February 24, 2023|
|Estimated Project Start Date||April 1, 2023|
Anticipated performance period for participating projects funded under this SFP is expected to be from April 1, 2023 through June 30, 2025.
Resources to Apply
All proposals must be submitted through the Cal E-Grants System. Click through to the DIR Opportunities
Questions? For more information, please email: DASGrantUnit@dir.ca.gov