DAS Web Series: Inclusive 21st Century Apprenticeships
The Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS) is hosting, Inclusive 21st Century Apprenticeships, an ongoing web series that celebrates apprenticeship in California. This series will highlight innovative programs and initiatives that are creating diverse apprenticeships for California’s careers of tomorrow.
We are busy working on the next webinar. Please check back for upcoming events!
In this webinar, DAS featured international staffing company Robert Half, who has launched an apprenticeship program as a talent solution for companies across California and the US. Adele Burnes, DAS Deputy Chief, moderated the conversation with:
- Katie Hagen, Director, Department of Industrial Relations
- Jorge Marquez, Senior Vice President, Robert Half
- Clint Maples, Chief Information Security Officer, Robert Half
- Jasmine Weddle, Information Security Analyst Apprentice, Robert Half
Hosted by DAS for the seventh annual National Apprenticeship Week, this virtual event honored women in apprenticeship. Adele Burnes, DAS Deputy Chief, moderated a conversation discussing how California is shaping inclusive 21st century apprenticeships with:
- Marty Walsh – US Secretary of Labor, US Department of Labor
- Natalie Palugyai – California’s Secretary of Labor, Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Irma Olguin Jr. - Bitwise co-founder, CEO
- Veronica Godinez, Training Director, Northern CA Cement Masons JATC
- Loretta Murrell, Senior Environmental Health and Safety Manager, Manson Construction Company
Updated: April 29, 2022