DWC Posts Adjustments to Official Medical Fee Schedule (Physician Services / Non-Physician Practitioner Services)
The Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) has posted an order adjusting the Official Medical Fee Schedule (OMFS) to conform to changes in the Medicare payment system as required by Labor Code section 5307.1.
The Physician and Non-Physician Practitioner Fee Schedule update Order adopts the following Medicare October 1, 2021 fourth quarter changes:
- CMS’ Medicare National Physician Fee Schedule Relative Value File October 1, 2021 quarterly update - RVU21D
- National Correct Coding Initiative Practitioner Procedure to Procedure (PTP) Edits October 1, 2021 quarterly update
- National Correct Coding Initiative Medically Unlikely Edits October 1, 2021 quarterly update (excluding MUE “0” value codes)
- CMS’ ZIP Code to Carrier Locality files October 1, 2021 quarterly update, for Geographic Practice Cost Index (GPCI) locality mapping
- CMS’ updated Telehealth List
The above OMFS adjustments are effective for services rendered on or after October 1, 2021.
The order adopting the above OMFS adjustments is posted on the physician services and non-physician practitioner services fee schedule webpage.
- Recent News:
- News Releases
- DWC Newslines