Cal/OSHA does not cite workers for violations of their responsibilities, but each employee is encouraged to comply with all Cal/OSHA rules, regulations and standards. Cal/OSHA recommends workers do the following:
- Read the Cal/OSHA poster at your job site
- Increase your awareness about Cal/OSHA standards designed to protect workers. Call your local Cal/OSHA Enforcement Unit district office for information
- Follow all lawful employer safety and health rules and regulations, and wear or use prescribed protective equipment while working
- Report hazardous conditions to your employer
- Report any job-related injury or illness to your employer, and seek treatment promptly
- Cooperate with the Cal/OSHA enforcement personnel when they are conducting an inspection if they inquire about safety and health conditions in your workplace
- Exercise your rights under the California Occupational Safety and Health Act. They are provided for your protection.