Lockout/Tagout for Employers eTool
- Cal/OSHA Video - Protect Yourself When Cleaning, Adjusting, and Unjamming Machines (wmv)-
to download, right-click link and "Save Target As...". A transcript of the video is also provided.
- Worksafe BC Slideshow - Lockout for woodworking
- Worksafe BC Hazard Alerts
This etool is designed to help you understand what lockout/tagout is and how to put into place effective procedures to protect your company and employees. It includes real world examples of accidents, definitions, and in practical language the regulatory requirements from the California Code of Regulations in Title 8 (T8CCR 3314). There are also "Best Practice" ideas to show you how to fulfill the regulatory requirements and protect your employees from the unexpected startup of machinery, equipment, and prime movers that could cause injury or death.
For quicker reference the information is organized into nine topic areas including:
- In the Real World
- When is Lockout/Tagout Required?
- Other Requirements
- Materials and Hardware
- Hazardous Energy Control Procedures (HECPS)
- Periodic Inspections
- Alternative Measures
For more help with lockout/tagout there is also an Action Kit (above) and Resources.