Electrician Certification Program
Existing law requires that persons performing work as electrician under a C-10 licensed contractor be certified pursuant to certification standards established by the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement. “Electricians” is defined as all persons who engage in the connection of electrical devices for electrical contractors licensed pursuant to Section 7058 of the Business and Profession Code, specifically, contractors classified as electrical contractors in the Contractors State License Board Rules and Regulations [Labor Code § 108 (c)].
Department of Industrial Relations
Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
Attn: Electrician Certification Unit
1515 Clay St., Suite 1902
Oakland, CA 94612
Phone: (510) 286-3900
Fax: (510) 286-3917
PSI Phone: (888) 818-5831 (To Schedule Exams)
- Electrician Certification Statistics as of January, 2022
- Electrician Certification Curriculum Committee (ECCC)
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Test taking information
- Candidate Info Bulletin (CIB)
- Exam and Code Book Glossary of Terms in English/ Spanish
Laws and regulations
- Labor Code 108 - 108.5
- CCR Regulations Title 8 § 290 - 296.4
- Enforcement Labor Code 108.2
- Legislative Actions and Regulations
- Who needs to be certified and who is eligible?
- Continuing Education Providers for Certification
- Approved on-the-job training programs for nonresidential lighting technicians
- Certification Forms
- Only print out form when completely finished, otherwise you will not be able to print the completed application
- If you write out the answers, make sure your writing is readable. If not, this may cause a delay in processing your form
- Fill out the form completely
- What is an electrician trainee?
- Guides on how to become an Electrician Trainee
- Electrician Trainee Approved Schools
- Electrician Trainee Forms
- Electrical Exam Overview 2020
- Social Security Administration Employment History Report – (Fee changes on page 2 #2)
The Social Security non-certified earnings report form SSA-7050 is available. Please go to http://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.pdf to obtain the form. Request for the non-certified earnings report.
- Electrician Certification and Electrician Trainee forms that are fillable and printable.