Electrician Certification Program
Electrician Certification Curriculum Committee
Pursuant to the requirements of AB 1087 (Calderon), Labor Code § 108.4, the Electrician Certification Curriculum Committee has been formed. The committee members are appointed by the Labor Commissioner and are as follows:
- Zakiya Ali – Labor Commissioner’s Office – Chairperson
- Sean McCobb - California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office
- Robert Wilson – California Department of Education
The Division of Labor Standards Enforcement is required by the California Labor Code § 108 to "on or before July 1, 2003, establish an electrical certification curriculum committee comprised of representatives of the State Department of Education, the California Community Colleges, and the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement. The committee shall establish written educational curriculum standards for enrollees in training programs established pursuant to California Labor Code § 108.4".
The first meeting of the Electrician Certification Curriculum Committee was held September 10, 2003 in Sacramento, CA. The actions of the first meeting of the committee were to adopt minimum curriculum standards for the classification of general electrician and to also have it posted on the ECU Website.
- Fire-Life Safety Training Criteria (Same as Voice Data Video Training Criteria)
- Fire-Life Safety Crosswalk
- Nonresidential Lighting Tech – NALMCO – For contact information see school #149 from Approved Schools list.
- NRLT Curriculum Crosswalk
Electrician Certification Meetings 2023
|Date:||March 27, 2022|
|Time:||10:00 am - 11:00 am|
DLSE Electrician Certification Curriculum Committee is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Electrician Certification Curriculum Committee Meeting
Time: April 17, 2023 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting:
Previous Meetings:ECU Meetings 2022
ECU Meetings 2021
ECU Meetings 2020
ECU Meetings 2019
ECU Meetings 2018
More ECU Meetings..