Certified Payroll Reporting
Contractors and subcontractors on most public works projects are required to submit certified payroll records (CPRs) to the Labor Commissioner using DIR's electronic certified payroll reporting system.
A few categories of public works projects are exempt from reporting online to DIR.
Submit Payroll Records
Enter Payroll Online Submit Payroll in XML File *
NOTE: If you would like to save or print the information you enter in the online certified payroll record, click on the PDF icon that appears on your confirmation page.
Find Payroll Records Online
Payroll records are available to the public using the Payroll Search tool. Confidential information has been removed.
* Software Requirements for XML Files:
- Create your own template using the CPR XML schema V1.3.
- Download and use the XML schema file.
- View a sample XML file.
- Use compatible software to create certified payroll records in XML format. Although DIR does not endorse or guarantee their products, the following vendors offer software
for submitting certified payroll records in XML.
- Anovo Systems, LLC
- BluePoint Payroll Solutions
- Certified Payroll Solutions
- Contractor Business Tools, LLC
- eComply Solutions LLC
- Points North
- Prism Compliance Management
- Quantum Software Solutions Inc.
- Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc.
Vendors who want their products to be added to the list should contact email@example.com
For more information and to find exact legal definitions and language please see the Public Works Chapter of the California Labor Code.