This information is provided free of charge by the Department of Industrial Relations
from its web site at www.dir.ca.gov
. These regulations are for the
convenience of the user and no representation or warranty is made that the information
is current or accurate. See full disclaimer at https://www.dir.ca.gov/od_pub/disclaimer.html
Title 8. Industrial Relations
Division 1. Department of Industrial RelationsChapter 6. Division of Labor Standards Enforcement [FNA1]
Subchapter 2.2. Child Performer Services Permits (Refs & Annos)
Return to index
§11771. Application for Permit.
(a) An applicant for an initial permit, or a permit renewal under Section 11771.1, must provide the following information certified as true and correct under penalty of perjury on an on-line permit application form prescribed by the Labor Commissioner located at http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/Child_performer_services_permit.htm:
(1) Full name, including all other names or aliases or fictitious names used by applicant;
(2) Physical home address (not a Post Office Box or private mail station), including street number; city, state, zip code, and phone number;
(3) Social Security Number;
(4) California driver's license or identification number;
(6) Physical description of applicant, including height, weight, color of hair, color of eyes;
(7) Name of business for which applicant will perform services;
(8) Business address (not a Post Office Box or private mail station) and phone number, if different from home address;
(9) Phone numbers for home, business, and mobile phone;
(10) Description of specific types of services listed in Labor Code Section 1706(g)(4) which the applicant will provide to artists who are minors.
(11) State whether or not the applicant has ever plead guilty, nolo contendere, or convicted of a sex crime, either a misdemeanor or felony.
(b) An applicant and permittee shall report in writing to the Labor Commissioner any change in information provided under subdivision (a) within 7 days of any change.
(c) Fingerprints. The Labor Commissioner shall provide a form to the applicant with Child Performer Services Permit billing information which must be taken to a Department of Justice (DOJ) fingerprint services (Live Scan) location. An applicant shall provide to the live scan operator for submission to DOJ electronic fingerprints, the billing form provided by the Labor Commissioner, and any other information required by DOJ for purposes of obtaining criminal history information regarding state or federal arrests and convictions. The applicant shall provide on the application the name of the live scan operator information service (LSIS) number, applicant transaction identifier (ATI) number, and date the fingerprinting was completed.
(d) An applicant shall certify that he or she is aware of the provisions of Labor Code Section 1706 and the grounds for revocation, suspension and denial to issue or renew a permit as a provider of Child Performer Services under this subchapter.
Note: Authority: Section 1706, Labor Code. Reference: Sections 1706(a), 1706(b)(4) and 1706(c), Labor Code.
1. New section filed 5-17-2018; operative 7-1-2018 (Register 2018, No. 20).
Go Back to Article 1 Table of Contents