Index of DIR COVID-19 Information
COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Ended on December 31, 2022
From January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022, California required most employers to provide workers up to 80 hours of supplemental paid sick leave for COVID-19 reasons. Employers with 26 or more employees during this period had to provide this paid time off for workers who needed to stay home due to COVID-19 illness, exposure, caring for a family member, a COVID test or vaccine, recovering from side effects and more. If a worker took unpaid time off due to COVID-19 in 2022, they should be paid for these sick leave hours. More information is available in the Labor Commissioner's frequently asked questions.
In California, employers are required to take steps to protect their workers from COVID-19. DIR has developed these resources to provide employers and workers information on workplace safety requirements, paid sick leave, workers' compensation and other labor laws.
Protect Workers from Coronavirus
Cal/OSHA guidance for workers and employers on COVID-19 infection prevention
COVID-19 Labor Laws: FAQs
Information on paid sick leave and other labor laws
Resources for Injured Workers
Workers' compensation resources for work-related injuries and illnesses
Videos from DIR
Latest Updates from Cal/OSHA
- Frequently Asked Questions - Updated April 19, 2023 | español - Updated April 19, 2023
- COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards FAQs – Updated November 8, 2022 | Español Actualizado el 8 de noviembre de 2022
- COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards – What Employers Need to Know | Español
- COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine – What Employers and Workers Need to Know | Español
- Model COVID-19 Prevention Program – Updated April 2023
Latest Updates from the Labor Commissioner's Office
- Do you qualify for COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave? Try the Labor Commissioner’s navigator to find out.
- Frequently Asked Questions on labor laws related to COVID-19.
- Learn about contacting and visiting our offices.
Latest Updates from the Division of Workers' Compensation
- Information on laws related to COVID-19 and workers’ compensation
- Information about visiting DWC offices
Frequently Asked Questions
- Safe Reopening FAQs for Workers and Employers – Updated July 8, 2021
- Preguntas frecuentes para una reapertura prudente para los trabajadores y empleadores – Updated July 8, 2021
- Updates and services from the California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
- Summary Chart from the Labor Agency on Benefits for Workers Impacted by COVID-19
- Updates on COVID-19 from California state agencies