I Want to Have a Safer and Healthier Workplace What steps do I need to take to reopen safely?
- What new COVID-19 laws should I be aware of?
- What safe and healthful work practices are required?
- What supplies do I need to provide to prevent the spread of the virus?
- What information must I provide my employees regarding COVID-19?
- What steps do I need to take to reopen safely?
- Consult the latest information from the Governor's Office on which businesses and activities can operate.
- Identify and correct unsafe work practices.
- Create a site-specific COVID-19 Prevention Plan (Model COVID-19 Prevention Program [Microsoft Word document])
- Consult industry specific guidance and checklists
- Conduct a site-specific evaluation of where COVID-19 transmission could occur, including interactions between employees and any other persons, and places employees may congregate or interact with members of the public.
- Allow workers and worker representatives to be involved in hazard identification and evaluation.
- Provide effective training to employees based on the requirements of Cal/OSHA's emergency temporary standards on COVID-19 (see training topics listed above).
- Modify work practices, employee schedules and the physical workplace to prevent the spread of COVID-19.