Process Safety Management for Petroleum Refineries
- GENERAL INDUSTRY SAFETY ORDERS,
New Section 5189.1
|Public hearing:||Sep. 15.2016|
|Comment period:||Jul. 15, 2016 - Sep. 15, 2016|
|Filed with Secretary of State:|
- Notice / informative digest
- Proposed regulation
- Initial statement of reasons
- Notice of proposed modifications
- Final statement of reasons
- Text for Board consideration
Documents Relied Upon
- Center for Chemical Process Safety (2007), Guidelines for Risk Based Process Safety, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ.(This document is copyrighted and therefore is not posted. The document may be viewed at the Standards Board office.)
- Center for Chemical Process Safety (2009), Inherently Safer Chemical Processes: A Life Cycle Approach, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ.(This document is copyrighted and therefore is not posted. The document may be viewed at the Standards Board office.)
- Edmund G. Brown Jr., Governor (February 2014), Improving Public and Worker Safety at Oil Refineries, Report of the Interagency Working Group on Refinery Safety.
- Mendeloff, John. Refinery Process Safety Performance and Models of Government-Industry Relations. Santa Monica, CA: RAND Corporation, 2013. http://www.rand.org/pubs/testimonies/CT392.html.
- U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, Energy Assurance Daily, available at http://www.oe.netl.doe.gov/docs/eads/ead120914.pdf (accessed December 9, 2014). (Note: For weekly summaries, go to "Download EADs" and scroll to "Petroleum.").
- United States Census Bureau (2012), Industry Statistics Portal: Business Data from the U.S. Census Bureau, 2012 NAICS: 324110, Petroleum Refineries, available at http://www.census.gov/econ/isp/sampler.php?naicscode=324110&naicslevel=6#/, accessed May 16, 2016.
- U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board (CSB), (April 2013), Interim Investigation Report on the Chevron Richmond Refinery Fire http://www.csb.gov/assets/1/19/Draft_Report_for_Public_Comment.pdf
- U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board (CSB), (January 2015), Final Investigation Report January 2015 Chevron Richmond Refinery Pipe Rupture And Fire CSB Report No. 2012-03-I-CA. http://www.csb.gov/assets/1/19/Chevron_Final_Investigation_Report_2015-01-28.pdf
- Advisory Committee Meetings and Information from: September 16, 2014; September 17, 2014; November 6, 2014; and June 22, 2015.
Occupational Safety & Health Standards Board (OSHSB)
- Standards Board public hearings
- Rulemaking proposals scheduled for hearing or adoption
- Recently approved standards
- The petition process
- The variance process
- Search for Cal/OSHA regulations
- Title 8 Index
- Upcoming advisory committees
- Recent Cal/OSHA advisory committees
- Learn about Cal/OSHA enforcement